Whether you are celebrating National Daiquiri Day, a holiday, or just enjoying poolside, daiquiris make a cool choice for summer get-togethers! Daiquiris are loved for their simplicity (often just rum, lime juice, ice, fruit, and sugar) and vivid colors. Transforming your daiquiri into a glamorous (and impressive) cocktail doesn’t have to be complicated.
Glasses rimmed with specialty Salts, Sugars and Spices from The Spice & Tea Exchange® transform home-made daiquiris (and margaritas) into gourmet cocktails! Learn the quick and easy preparation steps here and then explore the ‘rim-abilities’ below.
Sweet & Fruity Rims (Our Favorite Daiquiri Picks):
• Coconut Sugar and Cinnamon Sugar make the perfect ‘tropical’ rim to complement a Miami Vice cocktail or even coladas. (The Cinnamon Sugar really does well with the smokiness of darker rums!) Include some Coconut Sugar in the drink itself for an extra ‘ coco-nutty’ punch!
• Dark Cocoa Sugar is a sinfully decadent rimmer for strawberry daiquiris. Bittersweet cocoa was born to go with tart strawberries! No need to mix this sugar. It rims perfectly on its own.
Salty ‘Rim’ Combos (Our Favorite Margarita Picks):
• Lime Frost Sea Salt – perfect for your classic margarita! A pleasant hint of lime adds flavor while crunchy coarse salt adds texture and smooths tequila’s bite.
• Ghost Pepper Sea Salt and Chile Lime Sea Salt – are the perfect rim for those who want to spice things up! Hot and spicy, these two salts are not for the faint of heart and should be mixed with others before serving! Mix or grind another sea salt (like Brazilian Petite Sea Salt for ‘Ghost Pepper’) with these HOT salts at a 3-1 ratio. (That is, 3 parts regular Brazilian Petite Sea Salt ground into 1 part Ghost Pepper Sea Salt.)
• Florida Sunshine – Unexpected but awesome! The orange, lime, and lemon zests in the blend (not to mention the ginger and rose petals) are all perfect pairs for the rich flavors of agave, tequila’s primary ingredient. While the grinder bottle will make your salt a bit too fine for a rim shot, pulsing a few times in a food processor will achieve the desired ‘coarse’ effect.
• Chipotle Smoked Sea Salt – this is the perfect rimmer for those who love the smokiness that comes with all those great Mexican chili-infused dishes. Perfect if Ancho, Chipotles, Poblanos, or any other smoky (or smoked) chili pepper is on your menu. Not to mention, the smoky-aromatic hint in the salt will turn that tart tequila concoction into a mellow, fruitier experience. If you’re using top shelf tequila, this is the rim for you!
Blended Rims (Choose Your Favorite Drink):
• Coconut Sugar with Chardonnay Oak Smoked Sea Salt – 2 parts sweet to 1 part (or even a little less) salt gives you a sweet tropical hit of coconut with the gentle note of smoke and salt. Perfect for any tropical fruit flavored margarita, like peach or mango.
• Ginger Sugar, Sweet Habanero Sugar, or Mango Habanero Sugar with any of the salts listed above are great matches. Ginger Sugar lends a mild floral spiciness to your salt which is great if you’re blending in fruity liquor, like Grand Marnier, with your tequila. Green Chili Sugar is your ‘go to’ food-loving combo with its vegetal hit-of-heat that disappears almost instantly on the palate. Habanero Sugar is the hot-sweet choice for the fire lover at your fiesta!
• Ginger Sugar and Lemon Sugar are your ‘go-to’ combo when serving a punch or mixed-drink made with iced tea or iced tea vodka. The lemon provides the necessary tartness, while the Ginger Sugar softens any bitterness in the tea.
Explore More Rim-abilities:
Love the fun drink rimming options? Check out more fun and rim-able salts and sugars at spiceandtea.com!