As the holiday season approaches and shopping continues, many of the remaining gifts left on our lists are the difficult ones. Sometimes, pre-assembled gift sets are the quickest and most convenient option.
However, if you are looking for a very specific price, specific contents, or simply shopping for someone who you’re not sure what to buy for…creating your own holiday gifts is often the only option. Whether it’s for your selective sister, your co-worker that you don’t know that well, or your uncle that only wants pricey gifts, we can help you create the perfect gift!
Creating your own gifts can be done in a few simple steps:
1. Pick a theme. Have you noticed any eating habits? Does your recipient prefer to eat in or out (would a salt & pepper work best for takeout or a spice blend for home cooking)? What are their cooking abilities (a stronger cook may prefer individual spices while a new cook might prefer a spice blend)? Have you noticed a preference to certain foods (Italian blends work for someone who eats pasta a lot, curry blends work for someone who likes a little heat, etc.)?
2. Choose your favorite contents. Some things to consider are price and usage/accompaniments (will they need a tea infuser to brew the tea). If you don’t know the person that well, we’d be glad to help you select some bestsellers or all-purpose products!
3. Pack it up! Most of the gifts available on spiceandtea.com are already in select packaging. We can accommodate some special requests; however, we encourage you to visit your local store if looking for custom options. There, you will be able to see a select amount of vessels for your gift (many of which are exclusive to our stores) such as colorful organza bags, cute gift bags, raffia, tissue papers, recipe boxes, wood crates, etc.
Still not sure where to begin?
Here are some fun gift ideas to get you started:
1. For the Curry Lover
Perfect for someone who loves heat, a lot of flavor, or ethnic foods!
Select 6 of our curry blends (Indian Yellow Curry, Malaysian Ginger Curry, Thai Red Curry, Coconut Thai, Vadouvan Curry, Tandoori Roasting) in flip-tops and package them in a spice rack!
2. For the Matcha Maniac
Perfect for someone for loves green tea and/or matcha! Also a great gift for those into healthy foods/drinks.
-Select from matcha brewing accessories for an intro to traditional matcha.
-Select a Matcha Sea Salt, a Sweet Matcha, and Matcha for the more experienced matcha drinker.
3. For the Hard-to-Buy-For
Perfect for those who already have everything (or you really don’t know what to get for).
-Select one of our top selling gifts to keep things generic: Season UP! Deluxe Crate or Griller’s Sampler (anything to do with grilling or the mini grinders tend to be well-loved).
-Select this all-purpose Great on Everything Sampler to keep things simple, yet flavorful.
-Everyone uses salt & pepper! Select a favorite salt and pepper for someone you don’t know too well and package them up. We recommend a Himalayan Granules Mineral Salt & 4 Peppercorn Spice Blend grinder.
4. For the Craft/DIY Enthusiast
Perfect for homemakers and those who like crafts and DIY projects.
-Infuse butters, honeys, marinades, and much more with flavors from spices, teas, sugars, salts, etc. Select your own ingredients and technique or choose an infusion sampler to help you get started.
-Who says spices can only be used for food? Create your own DIY kit for those who like to make homemade soaps, lotions, shampoos, etc. Package select favorites for DIY such as hibiscus, rose, lavender, chamomile, cinnamon sticks, and peppermint, and package them together in a gift bag!
5. For the Chocolate Obsessed
Perfect for those with a sweet tooth/mild chocolate obsession.
-Select and package together chocolate products such as: Cocoa Nibs, Cocoa Mixes, Black Chocolate Tea, Chocolate Sea Salt, and Dark Chocolate Sugar.
-Select and package together a few delicious looking chocolate-focused recipes from your local store or online. Some ideas/options include: Chocolate Peanut Butter MarTEAnis, Mexican Chocolate Shortbread Cookies, Blackberry Salted Caramel Brownies, ChocolaTEA Latte, and Chocolate Cream Fondue.